Customer Service
Emergencies & Outages
Call Before You Dig

Apply for Services

CMU home services

Start / Move Service

If you are new to the Canton Municipal Utilities service area or you are moving to a new location and need utilities turned on, please print the application provided below and fill it out, then bring it with you.

***Applications are only accepted Monday – Friday from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm.***

Along with this application, new customers must bring in a deposit. Since utilities are billed after they are used, CMU requires a deposit for new customers, as well as former or existing customers. This deposit is refundable when your final bill has been paid.

When you visit CMU to activate your services, don’t forget to bring the other required documents listed below.

Home Owner:

Photo ID

Social Security Card

Copy of the closing statement, deed, or purchase contract


Photo ID

Social Security Card

Current rent receipt with address and the tenant’s name

CMU’s Customer Service Center is located at 127 West Peace Street. Open during normal business hours, Monday – Friday 8am-5pm.

We look forward to serving you.

*** All city and county inspections must be completed on newly constructed or manufactured homes before CMU can connect the utilities.


Stop Service

If you are moving from the CMU area and need to cancel services for your residence, please bring a photo ID to the CMU Customer Service Center during our operating hours, or clients can send a detailed email or fax including your name, social security number and signature to the business office. The business office fax number is 601-855-5477 and our email is

Again, thank you for your business.